The primary objectives of the D&TC are:
- to provide comprehensive health care services to persons living in the borough of Brooklyn without regards to age, race, color, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, sex, nation of origin or sponsor;
- to promote continuity of patient care and to serve as a post-acute resource for patients discharged from hospitals;
- to expedite recovery from illness;
- to enable patients to obtain necessary care in one location, thereby reducing stress on the patient as well as family and friends;
- to reduce overall health care costs for both the patient and the healthcare system;
- to prevent acute episodic events that result in hospitalization and to prevent premature or inappropriate nursing home placement.